Tuesday, December 19, 2017

No Bumper Rides for Me

I just read a post that showed a photo of a car pulling kids in little sleds behind it. From what I could see, at least it was offroad, but ...

Long long ago in Montreal, some kids would grab hold of car bumpers and go for a bit of a joyride on snowy streets.

I remember my friend and me giving it a try once. We hung around a stop sign on a snow-covered street, looking for an opportunity to sneak onto the back of a vehicle. But we never managed to actually grab on for a ride.

You know what? I think I held back in my efforts, not actually in my heart of hearts really wanting to chance it. I am guessing that I was 10 - 12 at the time and maybe not completely stupid.


8 comments:

Tabor said...

WE lived a far more dangerous life in some ways.

Marie Smith said...

I can’t imagine someone posting such a thing on-line. Irresponsible to say the least. Anything goes these days though on-line.

Joanne Noragon said...

Your brain was not in synch with your heart, fortunately.

troutbirder said...

Oh yes. I could tell similar stories. And maybe I will some day now that your reminded me...:)

Mage said...

We lived dangerous lives our parents didn't know about all the time.

Unknown said...

If you want your life to get exciting like them then visit us www.seawatersports.com

Mara said...

Goodness, I seem to have missed a fair few posts. I won't comment much on them now, apart from to say that: the photos are lovely (especially the one of Sue and the second one of the night/winter photos with the sparkly snow).

And hanging behind a car for a joyride? I think I will stick to driving my bus!

Jenn Jilks said...

I was on my way to an appointment, or I'd have stopped for photos!