Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A Serendipitous Photo-Op

I didn't sleep well at the cottage — at all! That included, in particular, the first morning (as well as the last, with some less terrible but still poor sleeps in between). After awaking before 4AM I did various things and later on lay down to listen to a podcast.

Near 7 o'clock I got up to visit the unowhat and on my way past the window saw, quite surprisingly because I hadn't been anticipating it, a nice sunrise occurring. I quickly put a coat and boots over my pjs and headed out.

There is a large yard outside the cottage, fringed by fir trees, beyond which we can see the older barn and the planer mill, and that's the direction in which the sun rises. These photos were taken just outside the cottage, looking across the yard toward the trees, structures and sunrise.




5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The stillness speaks in these photos. Beautiful.

Joanne Noragon said...

Oh, my. Just beautiful, even with snow.

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos . WOW ! you have snow we are still very green here . You sound like me going to get photos in my jammies under coat and boots lol hey when the opp calls ya gotta snap a few eh?! Hope you get some proper sleep soon . Thanks for sharing , have a good week !

Jenn Jilks said...

I love living in the country, where I can don coat over PJs and haul in the trailcam videos!!! Good work.

MARY G said...

That is a fine set of sunrises. Your insomnia is our gain. And I was popping around well before the sun rose this morning. Old age is hell;just wait until you get there.