Saturday, October 07, 2017

My Mind Needs Reminding

A mind is a terrible thing to lose, and it appears that I am well on my way to losing mine.

On Flickr, where I post a photo almost every day (although I don't know why, which also confirms a diminishing of my mental faculties), I lost my way twice this week.

There is a Happy Truck Thursday group to which I posted this photo ↓ (which you have seen here before) on Wednesday. I had no clue that I was a day ahead until Thursday.



There is also an HFF day, Happy Fence Friday. I had this photo on Flickr ready to post but just not activated yet. What with the colour in addition to the fence, it seemed seasonally appropriate.



But this morning, this Saturday morning, I realized that I hadn't activated it on Fence Friday, so nobody saw it.

So, I lost my way twice; once I was a day early, and the other time I was a day late. In one week!

In other news, since I am already here and could possibly forget to ever come back the way things are going, this is Thanksgiving Weekend here in the Great White North, which is anything but white right now as we enjoy very mild autumn temperatures.

We (as in Sue with a little help from John) cooked the turkey yesterday. Here are 2 pictures of it coming out of the oven. Looks good, eh?




Note the bacon. We (as in Sue, once again) discovered, a few years ago, that putting bacon over the cooking turkey helped to prevent that drying out thing that tends to occur. I know that this isn't exactly slimming, but since Thanksgiving comes but once a year ...

And the bacon is salvageable for later use too.

Now, getting back to my diminishing mental faculties, when I took the turkey photos off the card, I saw photos from Danica's sleepover 2 weeks ago. Totally forgot. In my defense, and  I certainly need one, they were on Sue's camera, so it's easy for them to slip my mind or so I tell myself. (Oh sure, AC, the commentariat said with winks and nudges.)

Craft Time




Computer Time



Learning Time



Snuggling Time



Story Time



Treat Time



Who knows when I will think to download and upload the pictures that will be taken this weekend with JJ?

11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Lol. The same thing is happening here, AC. We are currently blaming global warming!

Silver in AZ said...

do you not have roasting bags up there? Work wonders for the turkey here. My secret is to defrost the turkey upside down; it causes the thawed 'wetness' in the bird to pool around the breast meat, which is traditionally always the driest part of the turkey. Then we use a roasting bag for turkeys, following the direction, and always have a very tender turkey.

Looks like the holiday is wonderful family time for you already! Enjoy!

Tabor said...

As long as you don't eat that overcooked bacon, it should be safe. Your photos are really getting lovely. Keep it up!

A Cuban In London said...

Cracking photos. Love the fence one.

Greetings from London.

Joanne Noragon said...

A lot of heart stopping pix here. No, substantial is the word I was reaching for. Good job.

Donna said...

I think it has to do with being retired.... I’m already missing the routine of the job
And...Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family! That turkey looks Wonderful...Bacon makes everything taste better.
Hughugs

Jenn Jilks said...

I love your self-deprecating humour!
I do the same thing, forget the SD card has photos...
We had turkey yesterday. My son-in-law cooked. I wasn't up to it. It's been a weird weekend. And we're done.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated Hapoy Thanksgiving wishes tonyou and Sue, John. We will be doing the same turkey dinner next month, but luckily not responsible for any of the food prep as we’re bringing another important holiday accompaniment...the wine. Thanks too for the bacon and turkey cooking tip. And, I also lose track many times.

Mara said...

I sometimes forget what day it is, which can be especially annoying when it comes to work. Although it's not so much forgetting as thinking it's a different day to what it is.

I think today might be Monday. Then again, I might have overslept mightily and it could be Tuesday!

Debbie said...

omgoodness, that turkey looks amazing, something to keep in mind for our thanksgiving!!

danica is looking grown up and beautiful, how nice that she is still so close to you 2!!

happy thanksgiving!!!

Kay said...

Ahhhh..... bacon... It does make everything taste a bit better. What a great idea!