Monday, August 28, 2017

Twenty Questions

This is a Facebook meme, but I thought I would cross-post it here too.

Do it too if you feel so inclined

=====================================================

CAN YOU FILL THIS OUT WITHOUT LYING?

1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
- A swig of Diet Coke. The last food was a granola bar.

2. Where was your profile picture taken?
- Dionysos Restaurant for breakfast. Sadly, it no longer exists.

3. Worst pain you've ever experienced?
- It might be a tie between a severely sprained ankle and the passing of a kidney stone.

4. Favorite place you've traveled to?
- The Canadian Rockies although Monument Valley is close

5. How late did you stay up last night?
- About 10:30, and I listened to a podcast in bed for awhile.

6. If you could move somewhere else, where would it be?
- Vancouver

8. Which of your Facebook friends lives closest to you?
- Other than Sue and other family, Bob and Nick who live in this town

9. How do you feel about Turkey burger?
- Very dispassionate

10. When was the last time you cried?
- I shed some tears on Friday, which was our final normal day with the grandkids for awhile since they won't be using our services before and after school this coming year. It's another of life's passages, and I'm not sure how many more I'll see.

11. Who took your profile picture?
- Sue

12. Who was the last person you took a picture with?
- Danica and JJ

13. What's your favorite season?
- Autumn

14. If you could have any career, what would it be?
- I think I might have made a decent detective but the British tv kind, which I guess is pretty unrealistic.

15. Do you think relationships are ever worth it?
- Well duh ... of course

16. If you could talk to ANYONE right now who would it be?
- I would like to time-travel and talk with my grandfathers.

17. Are you a good influence?
- Hope so, but I guess it's not for me to say

18. Does pineapple belong on pizza?
-Occasionally

19. You have the remote, what channel?
- Likely Netflix or Acorn or PBS -- all to watch British mysteries. That's right now, but it could be tennis in the summer or hockey in winter.

20. What are you most afraid of?
- I am somewhat afraid of heights and more recently city driving, but I have a deeper fear of dementia and to some extent of dying. It's not death itself but the process.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

i cried last night with kidney stone pain, that covers 2. the last thing i put in my mouth was a pain pill and it worked!! perhaps i will have pizza for lunch, no pineapple please!!!

Marie Smith said...

I hear ya, AC, on the last one, especially!

troutbirder said...

1. A glass of milk to was my vast collection of meds down.
3. A tie between an infected root canal and a kidney stone.
4. France and Alaska.
6. Northern Vancouver Island on the inside passage.
8. I don't have any Facebook friends as I don't "facebook.:)
9. Yuk!
l0. When our eldest son passed.
14. I'll stick with being a teacher although a librarian appeals to me.
16. Donald Trump
18. Yuk again
19. Rarely watch TV
20. I've faced down a grizzley bear in Montana but am deathly afraid of deer tics & lyme disease..

Shammickite said...

Interesting answers to interesting questions but I don't think I'll participate, I really don't want to expose my inner thoughts via the internet. I'd rather be superficial and post about what goes on in my neighbourhood.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Worst pain ever- having a baby. Favorite place I've traveled to- Yellowstone National Park. Favorite season- Fall. If I could talk to anyone right now? My mom- she passed this May. Pineapple on Pizza? Good gracious, NO!

Jenn Jilks said...

Thoughtful.