Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Assassins

In my volunteer assignment, I have covered a few events for the town as part of out Canada 150 Celebration although most of them would have occurred anyway in any given year. The Summer Solstice Walk of last week was one such event, and there have been several Mississippi Mudds performances, including the musical, Assassins, in a dinner theatre performance last week.

As far as I know, Mudds is not an acronym but I figure a play on the song, even though the song is about that certain other Mississippi River.
When the sun goes down the tide goes out
The people gather round and they all begin to shout
Hey hey Uncle Dud it's a treat to beat your feet on the Mississippi mud
It's a treat to beat your feet on the Mississippi mud 
Read more: Dean Martin - Mississippi Mud Lyrics | MetroLyrics
I stayed for the first act and when they broke for the main course, I skedaddled rather than wait it out for the second act, and there was to be another break later — for dessert, I presume.

A few shots.










My three faves are the last shot of the photgrapher, the guy in the electric chair, and the first one of the accompanist. Actually, I prefer my b&w rendition of that shot, which I have done elsewhere. Oh what the heck, maybe I'll go find it and post it below. Just give me a minute. OK here it is. Than ks for waiting.



I also did the electric chair guy in b&w but enough already. 😎

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great photos, AC.

Mage said...

The guy with the crutch and the threesome are all good too. Delightful stuff you are doing. :)

Blogoratti said...

Looks wonderful, must have been a great performance to watch. Thanks for sharing!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I did a double take as the guy with the noose looked so much like our dentist, who is also a performer in a local theatre group.