Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Phew!

We have essentially had a week of activities for Sue's 70th birthday, so I have been MIA from the blogging world. Sorry to miss all of your fine posts, but I should be getting back to normal soon ... although it remains to be proven that arising at 4AM, as I did this morning, is normal in any way, shape or form.

I will probably get through bits and pieces of the whole week in due course, or maybe not, but today I will present some of the whole family photos from Saturday afternoon. It was at this point in the week and weekend that most of the gatherers had gathered. Allyson (daughter) and Alycia were here from Vancouver, and Brian and Heather (sister) had arrived from Toronto.

Looking for a spot for photos, we ended up at the Canoe Club.

Left to right: Shauna (daughter), Brian (BiL), Heather (sister) Danica, Sue, Jonathan, Moi, Alycia (DiL), Allson (daughter)

We turned around and shot from the other direction, down the stairs. I will spare you from repeating the names in every photo.

I had a remote trigger for the camera that was on a tripod. You can sort of see it in this photo with my hand on Shauna's shoulder.

Then we went up onto the balcony and shot in both directions.




This was followed by photos of parts of the group. The first is the two Morton sisters.



Then we added those who belonged to the Morton lineage.



A few more shots of Sue and her progeny.





Finally, as others were still milling about, Danica envisioned some selfies with the tripod and the clicker. I took the first, helping to set up the camera, but she clicked the other two. What a ham!




5 comments:

Tabor said...

You are going to have a terrific family album. Love the lighting in the first photos! I am guessing an S-I-L was taking photos?

Mage said...

What wonderful pictures....what a wonderful family . Happy Birthday Sue, and we missed you AC. :)

Shammickite said...

Happy happy happy birthday! Great photos of a fun family group.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Sue and kudos to you for arranging a great family get together, John.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a fun time you always have.