Wednesday, January 11, 2017

From a Snowy Park

Saturday dawned with a coldness, but when it is sunny and calm, it doesn't seem too daunting. So, with Sue out with Sha for the afternoon, I decided to take the camera out.

I first headed to a little park off Bell Street. It probably has a name, but it's not on Google Maps, so I can't tell you any more right now. What it does have is a view of townhall which is different, so I thought I would have a look.

Getting to the river side was a bit of a trick, though. I had to climb a snowbank to get into the park, and then I had to slog through unbroken snow, which was surprisingly deep in spots — like up to mid-calf deep or maybe more. This photo doesn't quite tell the story, but I took it for the fence line and shadows.


Directly across the river, the trees in front of the former Boulton Brown Mill (now condos) were covered with ice from the spray of the water, some of it coming from the remnants of a damn.


Since I went there with the intention to photographing the town hall, here are the two the I guess I like best.ou can see the old damn on the left.


Then I moved to the other side of the tree, and I think I managed a somewhat better photo although sometimes you just get out and enjoy yourself but no shot is terrific. Whatever the case, itis the shot that I like best from this excursion.


Actually, this wasn't the end of my excursion as I next went to the bridge that you can see in the background. But that can be for another post.

6 comments:

Haddock said...

Yes framing the picture with the tree looks better.

Marie Smith said...

Such gorgeous blues in the photos. They look so cold too. Great shots!

Mara said...

I love the fence. It looks so straight and then the shadow is all over the place!

Jenn Jilks said...

Isn't it great to take advantage of the seasons! I love it!
Another beautiful day, today!!!!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

Vicki Lane said...

Wow! These are magnificent! Well done!

Kay said...


AWESOME! Absolutely AWESOME photos!