Sunday, September 06, 2015

Things We Did Last Week 1

We were on kid duty on the final week of summer, as defined by the last week before school. It was a hot week, but we managed to do a few things.

It was time for all all to return some books, pick up new ones, and do a little reading while there.


I said it was hot, so we did manage to get to the pool twice. It would have been nice to take them to the beach once, but it has been under caution for much of the summer. There are a lot of cottages upstream and reports are that their discharge isn't always up to snuff.




We hadn't been to Wheelers Maple Sugar Camp for a whole year, and since it was my birthday, I requested that we go on Wednesday. It's a nice drive; the pancakes are good, and there are things to see and do.



Danica had some scary fun on the zip line

JJ explored and Buppa took pictures

Danica also took pictures. Many pictures.
I think I am running out of pictures to take at Wheelers, but I don't think I had ever gotten this one before.

This guy was cutting metal outside of the old blacksmith shop, which seemed like a good juxtaposition to me. When I saw the sparks flying from some distance I moved closer and asked for another shot, which he kindly set it up for me.  The sparks do show up better in a better quality, less compressed version of the image, but I strive to keep upload size to a minimum on Blogger.
I will return with part 2 at some tomorrow or the next day. Meanwhile, we're in the midst of another heat wave, so we'll pretty much stay cooped up in the AC (AC in the AC as it were) and watch tennis for the next few days — The US Open.

4 comments:

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos , looks like all had fun ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

TexWisGirl said...

yum. pancakes and maple syrup! :)

Unknown said...

did
you say "heat wave"? what precisely is the word meaning heatwavetoinfinity? Of which, by the way, I am entirely in support.

EG CameraGirl said...

Yes, it is extremely warm right now, isn't it? A good time for swimming in a pool or reading books.