Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Murphys Point Provincial Park

I have had a yen to visit this park for pretty well all of ten years that we've lived here. Somehow, I never quite got around to it. However, we had an appointment in Perth on Thursday, so we purposed to drive the extra 20 minutes or so.

We took a picnic lunch and carried our roll up chairs down to the beach, and sat in the shade for a few hours looking out on Hogg's Bay, an inlet off Big  Rideau Lake.

As one might expect, I roamed around a little looking for pictures. I wasn't too happy with my early attempts in the harsh light around 5 o'clock, but around 6:30, the light was more gentle, so I tried again. These were all taken near the beach area of the park.

I could have waited even longer for better light, but by then the mosquitoes would have been swarming, and I didn't feel much like fighting them that evening.

Many lilypads

A canoe coming into shore

An attempt at a classic pier shot, but the pier was too short and
neither the view nor the light good enough to make it memorable.
  Two more views. ↓






Before leaving, we took a slight detour to the boat launch. Not a bad view.


It was nice to finally see this park. I am sure that it's great for camping and boating. There are also hiking trails plus the Silver Queen Mine. From what I understand the mine property is adjacent to the park and involves a bit of hike to get there. Apparently, it is only accessible at specific times.

Personally, I'm glad to have finally seen the place, but if you want to sit in a nice park by the water for a few hours, our own Riverside Park has much to recommend it.


4 comments:

ADRIAN said...

It was well worth waiting for the light. It looks a superb place.
Is there a pub to wait in?

EG CameraGirl said...

Looks to me like a place where I'd like to roam and/or sit and enjoy the view.

Vicki Lane said...

These are all beautiful!

TexWisGirl said...

oh, these are beautiful!