Tuesday, April 21, 2015

More Diptychs from a Dipstick

I have done some more experimentation with diptychs. I think the pair can tell a story that a single photo might not. Once again, I have previously posted some as standalones. 

In this first ↑ we see the whole machine and Brian taking a picture of it.

Later, we saw a very unusual sight: a truck embedded in the face of a rock wall. ↓



Heather noticed the light shining through her wine glass and thought it would make a nice photo. ↑ On the right side, I included her journal which lay underneath on the couch.

I showed this sign melange previously, but I thought I would add a closeup of one of the clusters. ↓


Brian takes a photo of an old garage ↓ and a closeup of the weathered wood in the same garage.

7 comments:

Tabor said...

These are really nice and you make me wonder why I have not tried this.

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos and way to show them ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Linda Kay said...

Great photos, John. I love the old buildings.

Mara said...

I like the first one best. It really becomes a little story in itself. And the colouring on the whole thing is great as well. Very earthy.

troutbirder said...

Not much of an art critic here but I like the poster "Dump the Bums" being more of a reader...:)

TexWisGirl said...

love the last one and the wine glass. another great one is the first! that truck is interesting!

EG CameraGirl said...

I like this idea and may "steal" it one day soon. ;)