Saturday, September 28, 2013

This Will Warm the Cockles of your Heart

Yes, I am away at the cottage, but I was directed to this video the other day and thought I would use Bloggers scheduling option to pre-post it . After writing my Empathy post a few days ago, this is an example of something that set me to dabbing at my eyes: the story of  ...

Daisy - the Little Pup Who Believed





(from Wiktionary)
cockles: to provide happiness, to bring a deeply-felt contentment

17th century, Unknown, possibly due to resemblance of cockles to hearts. Alternatively, may be corruption of Latin cochleae in cochleae cordis ventricles of heart or of Irish Gaelic origin. Possibly also inspired by mollusks opening when exposed to warmth, notably cooking.  

8 comments:

Jackie said...

This is a wonderful video.
I had not seen it, and I thank you for sharing it with me.
It did warm my heart, and I am thankful that there are indeed caring, loving, and compassionate people in this world.
I have always loved Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up."
Our minister of minister sang it at our church at my request. It brings tears to my eyes. I think of my Daddy when I hear that song.
Thank you again for sharing Daisy's video. I am so happy that she can run with the wind.
Hugs,
Jackie

Lorna said...

the cockles of my heart remain cool as I realize I am not in a frame of heart to expose myself to something that made you (insert word meaning "gave way to emotions")

Regenia said...

We all need happy endings, don't we? What a wonderful story!

troutbirder said...

Indeed....:)

Donna said...

It Did! Hope you are having a super time!
hughugs

Hilary said...

Awww what a little darling.

Gina said...

Awwww, consider my cockles warmed indeed.

KGMom said...

I had seen that video--sweet indeed.
And, I have always wondered where my heart's cockles were.