Monday, February 04, 2013

The Boy is Four Years Old

It's almost mind-boggling to me that my youngest grandchild is four years old today. To commemorate the event, I put together a collage of JJ at various ages with the two current ones being in the centre. They were taken on "Wild Hair Day" for storytime at the library. The one on the centre-right is after his accessories were removed.


In fact I used that same picture for the front of his homemade birthday card. We usually do homemade cards around here. It's a practice that I somtimes regret starting.

We had his main celebration yesterday, beginning with a party at our tiny town bowling lanes.


We then adjourned home where present were opened and cake was eaten and where funny hats were sometimes worn, even by the cat.


Since today is really his birthday, we'll have another wee celebration at suppertime.

16 comments:

Judy said...

Happy Birthday to your boy!
Four years. Wow.

KGMom said...

Oh, my.
There is no more convincing evidence that TIME FLIES than seeing these pics, and knowing that this boy who I have "seen" from birth is now four!
Happy birthday to him.
He is a gift to you and Cuppa!
And you are the best sort of grandparents.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to "The Boy" I agree cannot believe he is grown so fast. Great post. Thanks for sharing.
QMM

Donna said...

Oh! Happy Birthday to JJ!!
LOVE the photos Ac! Great job!
hughugs

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Let he add my Happy Birthday to the four year old young man. The bowling looks fun. I wonder if your American readers wondered about the small five pin ball.

Mara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My, doesn't time fly?

Ruth said...

I really like your collages. The bowling picture with the two behinds is priceless :-) Happy Birthday JJ!

Mary said...

Looks like a fun time! Love and hugs to JJ!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Best birthday wishes to Jonathan from a fellow Aquarian who celebrated on Feb 3. And, I like your tradition of homemade cards, John.

Hilary said...

Happy birthday to your little sweetie. For the first time, I see a striking resemblance to his sister in the crazy hair day photo. I don't think it's only the glitzy stuff in his hair. ;)

Pearl said...

4 already. gosh.

Gina said...

Happy Birthday to him! What a cutie!

Mary said...

Time flies, John. I can't believe Brandon will be turning 18 in May and graduating in September. Enjoy them while they're young.

Blessings,
Mary

Diana said...

I agree, time flies. I have another blog friend who's grandson was a toddler when we met and just turned eight. It's hard to believe at times.
All of your photos and homemade card rally capture the fun! Happy Birthday to J.J.!! Love Di ♥

Janet said...

Good glory, four years old. Hope he had a great birthday!

Kila said...

I can't believe he's that old already!

I loved his curls!