Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

Christmas is here or at least the Eve is here, so I present a few photos from our place to you. I begin with this very short clip of our Christmas carousel. I uploaded this thru Blogger rather than YouTube, and I don't think I'll do that again, as I don't see options for viewing it larger. Oh well.


Here's a picture of the carousel that you can actually see.



We don't have a fireplace, but Sue runs our fake fireplace during this season and even thru much of winter. In front are some of her collection of Christmas books. I replaced our plain wall with digital Christmas wallpaper.


When we moved to this smaller place eight Christmases past, we did not bring our tree with us. We purchased this small pre-lit one that we can put up or take down within minutes. We are not exactly lacking of Christmas decorations, so this small tree suits us well.


We have two fake candles that look pretty doggone real. I bought this red one for Sue last Christmas, and we have since added a white one for all seasons.


Finally, here is a Santa from Shauna's workplace. I did a bit of photoshopping and added the background lights are from our tree.


I wish you a Merry Christmas wherever you may be.

5 comments:

Donna said...

I think you can change the height and width in your html settings...I Think!Hahaaa
Love the shots and a Very Merry Christmas to you and your's as well!
hughugs

Bernie said...

Merry Christmas John, Sue and family. You have given me much joy this year sharing your beautiful grandchildren and photos of family. I remember when Sue unwrapped this carousel a couple of years ago. Sending big hugs to all of you....:-)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks, John, for sharing your holiday decoys with us, especially the lovely carousel and the teacup post a day earlier. And, we also enjoyed the snow pics as well and agree that NOT owning a dog is very good. We admire the neighbors pets as THEY walk them.
Thanks for sharing your lovely family and grands with all OS us this past blog year. As grandparents, we know how you treasure the time spent with Danica and JJ and it passes all too quickly. Happy New Year to all!

Hilary said...

You have fine Photoshop skills. Lovely pics. I hope that you and your beautiful family had a wonderful Christmas.

Jimmie Earl said...

Third pic from top: I have that exact Father Christmas! Imagine my surprise!! Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas. Rest up, ol'man. 11 months, and you can do it all again!