Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Starkers



As most of you know, Cuppa and I do daycare duty for Nikki Dee and Zach. However, on the two days a week that Nikki Dee goes to real daycare, Cuppa goes home to tend to the multitude of chores over there, and I stay with the boy.

That's when weird things occur. At least twice, and I think it's really three times, he has come down sick on a Friday when he has been in my charge. He tends to not sleep as long for some strange reason, and he sometimes picks those days to be extra whiny. Truthfully, we're doing much better lately, but he had a special treat for me on Monday.

I had the monitor on, and when I thought I heard him stir, I began to listen more carefully. All was quiet for the next round or two, but then he began to wail. That's odd behavior because he usually awakes in a quiet and happy mood.

So, when I hurried in, much to my dismay, he was starkers. He had somehow managed to peel off his domed sleepers, and of course the underlying diapers were no problem after that. He has never done this before but was happy to surprise Buppa with his nude bod.

But wait ... there's more ...

You see, there was a poopy in the diaper, or at least it had been in the diaper before he was shed of it. It was a messy poopy. The messiest of messy poopies and smelliest of smelly poopies. And it was all over the place. And I, the hapless Buppa, was all alone with a crying, poopy baby and a total poopy mess in the crib.

It would only happen when I was alone with the boy, not ever when Amma was around. Apparently, he saves the special treats for his Buppa. But he shouldn't bother. Really, I'd be okay without these extra gifts.

11 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This was really one unlucky day for you, Buppa. Imagine Zach had a good laugh at your expense.

Diana said...

Somehow I get the feeling that you handled the situation with gloved hands and clothes pinned nose!!
One of those wondrous situations that there is just no escape from!
Love Di ♥

Ruth said...

lol! I think my mother has a similar story about me. Zach looks too cute to behave like that.

Bernie said...

What a time you had....can't say I envy you but I know you had him bathed, and clean as well as his crib and bedding spotless by the time cuppa and smudge came home. Special place in heaven for you my friend.....:-) Hugs

Judy said...

Can't say I blame him. Would YOU want to carry that around? That boy is a smart one!

Mara said...

Ah, poor Zach. Having to lie there in his own poop, while his granddad doesn't come up to his room until he starts wailing!

I feel sorry for you as well, it must have been quite awful. Thinking you have a more or less easy job of changing nappies and then finding out nearly the whole bed needs changing! Yuk!

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

I'd rather be boiled in oil than deal with lil' kids again. Been there, done that. I'll make a totally lousy grandma, or maybe I'll just move far, far away so my lack of sweetness can go undetected.

You deserve a gold star and a bottle of Canadian Whiskey.

Anvilcloud said...

Holly: could we reverse the order of those two prizes? :)

Donna said...

Hahahaaaa....there are no words...There's nothing wrong with my imagination...Is that YOU, standing by his bed, helpless and crying as Well???Hahaaaa
hughugs

Anonymous said...

Oh, that brings back memories... and not pleasant ones, that's for sure! Did he manage to fingerpaint on the wall? My daughter did. :-(

Anonymous said...

Oh, that brings back memories... and not pleasant ones, that's for sure! Did he manage to fingerpaint on the wall? My daughter did. :-(