Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Lifting of Spirits ...

... and bodies.


I told you how the day began in the previous post — breakfast on the porch. The day kept on getting nicer and nicer, probably up to the mid-fifties, maybe as high as sixty. Speaking of high, that's how silly Canadians react to such days in March — we get high on warmth, sunshine, and life. In happens every year, you know, or seems to. We get an incredibly nice day which people causes house-bound northerners to flock outside in droves. Yes, it is enough to lift the spirits of we sombre Canuckleheads.


We went for a little drive with daughter and stopped at The Goose and Gridiron in Merrickville for refreshments. But, as I say, we were high with the weather: so high that Cuppa and daughter were somehow buoyed to the top of the sign. I, myself, didn't make it that far. I couldn't get past the roof of a neighbouring establishment.



Oh, I know that it won't last. In fact, although it will be even warmer tomorrow, it will be rainy and overcast. And then, it will get colder again, not freezing cold but not at all like this either. But that's okay; we've had a taste, a harbinger of even better things to come ... eventually.


 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.. 50F.. I am so envious!!

Dale said...

50!!! Holy heatwave, Batman! It was only 10C here. Oh right. 10C is 50F. Same temp here and there. LOL! An absolutely gorgeous day indeed! It really does raise your spirits, doesn't it?

mreddie said...

You really don't wnat to know what the temp was here today - suffice it to say that the heat is confusing all the trees and plants. It will be Tuesday before we get back to seasonal temps. ec

Gina said...

We actually had hail fall here just an hour or so ago!

My, just look at you, AC... All alone at the bottom there. You didn't even make it halfway up there? ;)

Granny said...

I'll have to check out Gina's blog. You sent the cold our way and we had cold and hail. San Francisco did as well.

I discovered one close neighbor blogging away 30 miles from me in Madera, CA.

Turtle Guy said...

"Canuckleheads"... is that an industry term?