Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy Equinox

Today, the Equinox, makes us all somewhat equal. Theoretically, all locales on this terrestrial ball receive 12 hours of day and 12 hours of night. I don't suppose that this is exactly true, for Old Sol must hover over the equator at a very specific moment before continuing north. However, it's substantially true enough, and it is also true that the day for which we in the colder climes have been yearning is upon us. Officially, it is spring.


If you have been following the blogs of many Canadians and also of the more northern-dwelling Americans, you have, no doubt, noticed a tremendous longing for spring lately. What surprised me to some degree was to read that megz_mum from the land Down Under was quite looking forward to the changing of the seasons: the cessation of torrid summer heat and beginning of more moderate autumnal temperatures. I guess that pretty well proves that we all look forward to changes.


While I greatly appreciate that this is a pivotal day foreboding warmer weather and the bursting forth of life, I am also pretty darn mindful that real spring weather has not yet followed the sun, not for us anyway. By the same token, however, I have also been witnessing the waning of winter for the past week or two. Indeed, its grip has been loosening. Even when it has been cold, as it has been in the past week, there is a different feeling in the air.


Whatever your take on the seasons, and regardless of my rumblings and ramblings, it is time to lighten up, and I have done so with my blog template. I hope you like the look. I do, but, when I completed Cuppa's, I thought that I might prefer her version even more.


Ladies and gentlemen, I wish you ...



 

12 comments:

mreddie said...

Good template! It looks about like the early flowers down here. I have got to get my garden prepared for planting - it is sneaking up on me. ec

PBS said...

Nice, I like your new look. We have a lot of mud, so it does look and smell like spring already, but really is too early yet. Happy Equinox to you, too!

Ginger said...

The look of the blog is delightful!

But tell us, what's with the startled expression in the profile photo? Or is it just that spacey stare one gets when one's thoughts are very far away?

Rainypete said...

Ooooohh! All bright and springy!

I'm with Ginger on the profile pic though. Who could have thought a spaniel could bring about such terror!!

Anonymous said...

I love the new look.. it is light and airy.. just like Spring itself.

Madcap said...

Love the new profile pic! Startled by spring!

Happy Equinox to you, too.

Bonita said...

I like the new look - and Happy Equinox to everyone. For our family, it is the beginning of the new year - the first day of spring.

Loner said...

Happy Equinox to you as well - your site is all ready for spring!

Lynn said...

Thanks, for the reminder. I'd totally forgotten. That in itself might be sure sign of Spring.

Granny said...

It's spring and we're still waiting for winter.

I like the new look. I'll go check the other one out now.

-epm said...

A Happy Equinox to you as well, Lord Anvilcloud. :)

Down here in Deertown, we've been socked by a spell of wintry bluster with temperatures at and below freezing... But all this too shall pass, I'm sure.

Dale said...

Tulips in my garden, AC. They're poking their pointy heads up to sniff the air. In the immortal words of Lorena Bobbit (remember her?) "It won't be long now."